Some photographic and audiovisual collections are gathered by the NDA thanks to the donations of individuals and institutions aware of the fact that the materials gathered thereby have a great historic significance and form a unique testimony of the social life which should be shared with others and protected for future generations.
The collections transferred to the NDA are included into the national archive resources and protected by the law, in accordance with the Act on the National Archive Resources. The materials are donated perpetually, kept in the custody of conservators and archivists, and made available. The NDA actively promote the donated materials in their publications (Siemaszko’s Warsaw) as well as traditional and digital exhibitions.
How to donate materials:
- Contact us: by mail to ul. Hankiewicza 1, 02-103 Warszawa; by phone to + 48 22 822 25 32; by electronic mail to nac[at]nac.gov.pl
- Do not worry about the transfer method – if necessary, NDA’s employees will receive the materials at the agreed time and place.
- You do not have to worry about the formalities – we will prepare the relevant agreements, explain the provisions and clarify your doubts.
- Remember that information that you may provide to us is equally important as the materials. If possible, please prepare as full details about the collections donated as possible.
- Find your name on the NDA donors’ list and wait until your photographs are included in the albums and exhibitions across Poland.